Hello, I am Paul, and thank you for visiting my website!
I created Computer Looking Up to write useful articles primarily about technology, astrophotography, and my other interests like science fiction.
I have over 30 years of experience in computer programming, information technology, and project management.
When I am not writing here or photographing the sky, I may be practicing guitar, playing games on Steam or Xbox, or spending time with my dog. I am always looking for my next “build” project, which could likely get written about on this blog.
I follow professional golf and American football. My original upbringing was all around baseball, but I have lost most interest in it, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the now-universal designated hitter. Before there were two identical American Leagues, I was a fan of real baseball played by the old National League.
I am an Eagle Scout.
You can search all content from the menu bar’s magnifying glass icon.
In the Sky
Visit my In the Sky page for countdown timers to upcoming astronomical events, such as the next Full Moon, and the next oppositions of Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn.
How to Follow Computer Looking Up
Currently, you have these options to follow my blog:
(1) Bookmark in your browser computerlookingup.com, or visit this site regularly.
(2) Select one of the social media outlets below.
- All new articles and photography are posted to Gab.
- Since LinkedIn is more career/professional oriented, I rarely post there.
- Medium being more of a writer’s hub, I post only select content to it.
- All new articles and photography are posted to X/Twitter.
(3) Eventually, I may add a mailing list option to my blog.
You may contact me by Computer Looking Up’s email: paul at computer looking up dot com.